Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Big Slice of Cherry Pie

This is exactly what Ottawa needs more of - businesswomen working together to help each other out. Cherry Pie was a networking event for women that I attended last night and I'm really glad I went. It was a lot of fun and I met some really great women.

Cherry Pie was held at Lago Bar and Grill, a chic and contempory new restaurant, on Dow's Lake. It was basically run like a trade show with booths throughout the main dining area and offering everything from eco-friendly baby products to custom cupcakes to spray tanning.

Here is one of the
owners of Lago.... whose name I missed because of the noise. Sorry!

Some fellow businesswomen having a good time.

One of my favourite things was the Barter Wall. You could put up a huge neon sticky note with your services and what you were looking for. Mine said "I do: INTERIOR DECORATING I need: SURPRISE ME!" I thought it was a really neat way to let others know what you offer without having to introduce yourself to strangers. I guess that's what networking is all about, but it's just not my style.

Here I am with my good friend Jennifer Spallin. She's a CFP with Richardson Partners Financial Ltd. and your best bet if you're looking for sound financial advice. She's also a very cool chick, for someone who crunches numbers all day!
For more information about Cherry Pie see their website at: http://www.cherrypieottawa.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting our blog and commenting on my post about decorating with orange :-) Our Charles sectional IS a big orange bad boy!! But he's so comfy :-)

    I wish I'd heard about the Cherry Pie event sooner -- I read about it at 4:30 on Tuesday, so it was a bit too late to RSVP. Thanks for posting the CP link -- I'm going to bookmark their web site and keep up with the CP future events :-)

    It's great to "meet" another Ottawa blogger :-)

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete